Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm an introvert, back off.

f you're wondering if you're an introvert, or have predominantly introverted personality traits, check out this this test for introversion, adapted from The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney. It's a self-assessment tool that helps people discover whether they’re introverts or extroverts.

Simply answer true or false to the following statements:

The Introversion Test: Personality Characteristics of Introverts

  1. When I need to rest, I prefer to spend time alone or with one or two other people rather than with a group.
  2. I feel anxious if I have a deadline or pressure to finish a project.
  3. People sometimes say I’m aloof, quiet, and calm – and hard to get to know.
  4. I usually think first before talking – I rarely blurt my thoughts without editing them in my head.
  5. I sometimes react strongly to smells, touches, tastes, sounds, and people.

The Introversion Test: At Work, School or Home & Introverted Personality Traits

  1. When I work on work or home projects, I like to have large uninterrupted chunks of time.
  2. I write notes to myself before having conversations with people.
  3. I like to share special occasions with just one person, or a few close friends, rather than a large group of people.
  4. I notice details that others don’t see, such as facial expressions or movements.
  5. If I say I will do something, I almost always do it.
  6. I can zone out if too much is going on.
  7. It takes me time to sort through large amounts of information, such as reports at work or long stories from friends.
  8. I often dread returning phone calls.
  9. My mind sometimes goes blank when I’m asked a question or caught off guard.

The Introversion Test: Social Situations & Introverted Personality Traits

  1. I don’t enjoy being the center of attention or in the spotlight.
  2. Groups of people make me uncomfortable or nervous.
  3. I sometimes rehearse things before speaking.
  4. In general, I prefer to listen to other people over talking.
  5. I don’t like hugely stimulating experiences, such as rides at an amusement park.
  6. I have few friends, but they’re very close to me.
  7. I feel drained after social situations, even when I have a good time.
  8. I like to watch a group or activity for awhile before I join in.
  9. When people have an argument or heated discussion, I notice the tension in the air.

The Results of the Introverts’ Test

Add up the number of Trues in this test for introversion. The higher your score, the more introverted your personality traits are. Scores range from “highly introverted” to “more extroverted than introverted.”


The one I highlighted are true~


.........Okay, so don't disturb me. I hate being disturbed. I will cuss in my head if you do.